Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I shall not write any poem anymore

I shall not write poetry any more

6 August 2015 at 20:52

I shall not write poetry any more.
My  newly married son went to a war and
he never came back.A few days later
A letter arrived with Black Border.
My young son's wife Looked at me
with herdeep dark blank look,
Then she tumbled down
like a slaughtered animal on the floor.
The mother Froze like an ancient stone,
***********************************************
The patriotic
 ministers , presidents, rich politicians
are well , Very well
"THIS IS WAR" , they said like sages.
" In a war we must use our cleverest weapons,
Our Atom bombs,
our Nuclear Bombs
Our Hydrogen Bombs on
the cities, on towns
in the schools of small children,
Where their slides, their swings and their Tricycles
Lie abandoned.
Young men and women
must be sent to fight  for our country,
Our " Honour " is at stake.

"
"we have to destroy our enemies"
In the mean time
millions of fathers will live in void,
Mothers will chant the language of grief,night after night
newly married wives put their dreams like black tulip
under their pillows
and look at the Blank sky every night.
everlastingly.
Tell me , what shall I write poetry about.
@amiyo

1 comment: